We start at the Jaffa gate, the main entrance to the old city. Through the Armenian quarter we reach Mount Zion and the Tomb of David. According to Christian belief Jesus held his last supper in a room above the tomb.
We continue to the Jewish quarter and the Roman Cardo, then to the great wall of Hezekiah, the Hurva synagogue (with optional visit) and other historic sites, until we reach the Western Wall.
From here we have several options:
- Visit of the Temple Mount (not on Friday, Saturday and Muslim or Jewish holidays – opening hours are restricted to 2 1/2 hours in the morning and 1 hour at around noon)
- Walk through the Western Wall tunnel (requires advance booking!)
- Walk through the Hagai street to the Muslim quarter and the Via Dolorosa (optional visit of the Chain Street with its Mamluk architecture)
- Walk through the Arab souq to David street and the Christian quarter
- Explore the City of David and Hezekiah tunnel.
Depending on your preferences, we can continue in the Jewish quarter with its many historic places, go to the Archaeological Garden at the southern Temple Mount wall, or continue to the Christian quarter, where we can visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the Conrad Schick museum, and the David Citadel and museum.
Duration: Half day (shortened itinerary) or full day.
Dress code: Modest dress is required if you want to enter the holy sites. I’ll be happy to advise on that.
- Sun hat or cap
- Sunscreen or sunblock with sufficient UV protection
Best time: All year round
Full day: $480*
Half day (up to 5 hours): $380*
The above itinerary shows some of the many possible sites to visit. If you let me know your particular wishes and preferences, I’ll be happy to prepare an individual itinerary.
* All prices are full day or half day fees as indicated and cover guiding of up to 12 persons. Not included are entry fees (where required), meals, and any other personal expenses.